nRF52840 MDK USB Dongle
A small, low-cost USB Dongle designed with nRF52840¶
Factory Firmware Update Notification
The dongle manufactured after July 20 2023 is shipped with the latest UF2 Bootloader 0.7.1 and BLE Connectivity Firmware. You may get a dongle without the latest firmware, you can follow the Programming section to update the firmware.
nRF52840 MDK USB Dongle is a small and low-cost development platform enabled by the nRF52840 multiprotocol SoC in a convenient USB Dongle form factor.
The design features a programmable user button, RGB LED, up to 12 GPIOs and 2.4G Chip antenna on board. It can be used as a low-cost Bluetooth5/Thread/802.15.4/ANT/2.4GHz multiprotocol node or development board. Alternatively the USB Dongle can be used as a Network Co-Processor(NCP) with a simple connection to a PC or other USB enabled device.
It's shipped with the UF2 Bootloader, supports nRF Connect SDK, which integrates the Zephyr RTOS, protocol stacks, samples, hardware drivers and much more. The dongle can work as a Bluetooth Low Energy and IEEE 802.15.4 packet sniffer with Wireshark, and has PCBA and w/Case options to meet various scenarios.
Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 SoC
- 64 MHz Arm® Cortex-M4 with FPU
- 1 MB Flash + 256 KB RAM
- Bluetooth LE, Bluetooth mesh, Thread, Zigbee, 802.15.4, ANT and 2.4 GHz proprietary
- Arm TrustZone® Cryptocell 310 Security Subsystem
- 2.4 GHz Transceiver with +8 dBm TX Power
- GPIO, UART, SPI, TWI(I2C), PDM, I2S, QSPI, PWM, QDEC, 12-bit ADC support
- Integrated USB 2.0 Full-speed Controller
- Integrated NFC-A Tag
Arm Serial Wire Debug (SWD) port via edge pins
- Up to 12 GPIOs available via edge pins
- User programmable Button and RGB LED
- On-board 2.4G chip antenna
- 3.3V regulator with 1A peak current output
- VBUS & VIN Power-Path Management
- Convenient USB dongle form factor
- Breadboard-friendly with dual 10-Pin headers
- Measures 1.65" x 0.7" x 0.15" (42mm x 17.78mm x 3.75mm) without headers soldered in
- w/Case option available to provide protection and ease of use
- Shipped with UF2 Bootloader supporting Drag-and-drop programming over USB drive
- Built on open source, supporting nRF Connect SDK, Zephyr RTOS, Google's OpenSK, etc.
What's in the box¶
|nRF52840 MDK USB Dongle PCBA (or w/Case)||1|
|10 Pin 2.54mm THT Pin Header1||2|
Only available for the PCBA option ↩