Using Pitaya-Link with ARM KEIL MDK¶
Keil MDK is the complete software development environment for a wide range of Arm Cortex-M based microcontroller devices. MDK includes the µVision IDE and debugger, Arm C/C++ compiler, and essential middleware components. It supports all silicon vendors with more than 6,000 devices and is easy to learn and use.
This guide explains how to configure the local debug toolchain using Pitaya-Link with ARM KEIL MDK.
Connecting the target¶
Perform the following steps to connect the target board:
- Connect the target board to Pitaya-Link using the provided 7-pin Cable.
- Connect Pitaya-Link to the PC using the provided USB-C Cable.
Configuring the debugger¶
- Open your Keil MDK project.
Go to Project -> Options for Target -> Debug, and select CMSIS-DAP Debugger from the drop-down menu.
Click Settings button. In the next windows select the DAPLink CMSIS-DAP adapter. Set the SW mode. In the SW Device, you can view the target device.
Click OK to save the options.
Debugging your project¶
- Insert a Breakpoint in your code.
- Click the menu Debug -> Start/Stop Debug Session, and debugging starts.
- Now you can explore the debugging capabilities for Variables, Registers and more.
Create an Issue¶
Interested in contributing to this project? Want to report a bug? Feel free to click here: