Prepare for Setup¶
The Wi-Fi module(ATWINC1500B) features an on-chip microcontroller and integrated SPI Flash memory for the system firmware. The serial Flash memory also stores the root certificate required for the TLS/SSL connection and the power gain values used by the transceiver.
This section details the download procedure of firmware, TLS/SSL root certificates, and TX power gain values into WINC serial Flash.
- Before updating the firmware, use Chip Info Example to check your current version. The latest Firmware Version is 19.6.1. If it's up to date, there is no need to download the firmware.
- The download procedure only works on Windows computer.
How it works¶
The following illustration shows how contents are downloaded into WINC serial Flash:
- 1x Pitaya Go board
- A Windows 10 machine
- nRF Connect for Desktop
- 1x USB-C Cable
Clone the repository¶
pitaya-go repository from GitHub to your Windows 10 machine:
git clone https://github.com/makerdiary/pitaya-go
This repository contains all the necessary tools to update the firmware. Note that all Wi-Fi tools only work on Windows platform.
- Firmware download procedure
- Root certificates download procedure
- TLS certificates download procedure
- Customized provisioning webpage download
- Gain values download procedure
Create an Issue¶
Interested in contributing to this project? Want to report a bug? Feel free to click here: